VoIP telephony provides low cost telephony solutions between business locations by routing calls over the Internet with a guaranteed quality of service. IP telephony platform is the central hub of any communication infrastructure and are ideal to accommodate remote offices and remote workers building towards full unified communication.
Remote working is one among the several reasons that drives a migration from legacy telephony to VoIP. In addition to that VoIP provides various benefits which include greater communications flexibility with advanced features and significantly reduced costs. Remote working is a facility offered by VoIP telephony system that diverts the incoming calls from your office desk-phone to your personal mobile device, which never allow missing any calls from any important clients. Business phone systems from BroadConnect USA powered by VoIP can allow an organization to make their employees to work from home or any other convenient place out of the office. VoIP phone systems ensure that company’s communication requirements are being met regardless of the location. Employees can make http://www.broadconnectusa.com/ip-phones/use of their smartphone to answer or transfer calls or can access the voicemails even when they’re on the road, or on a vacation or at a meeting in a different state.
Both employers and employees can benefit from remote working through VoIP telephony. Employers can enjoy benefits on overhead costs like rent, office space, cost for devices, snacks etc., by allowing their employees to work from home. In-turn employees can feel refreshed and satisfied in their work by staying at their home or at any place of their convenience. High employee retention helps to create a long term staff that can have an increasing degree of knowledge about your business and at the same time reduces the money spent on advertising for open positions, hiring and training new staffs on job responsibilities. It’s also a ‘going-green’ idea that saves fuel charges for travelling back and forth to work. The comfort to stay and work from family can increase productivity and in-turn increase the ROI.
VoIP is a revolutionary technology that entirely changes the way that employees work in a company. Cloud communication systems like VoIP let’s you to escape from the office desk and to communicate from anywhere and at anytime, using any device of your choice.
Working remotely can be in two different ways:
- Remote offices
Remote offices don’t need a dedicated communication platform. Instead the low cost IP phones can be connected to the central system via a secured gateway using the company’s Wide Area Network (WAN) provision.
- Remote employees working from home
Home based workers can simply connect to their broadband network connections using an IP phone or a softphone and can become an endpoint on the centralised communication platform.
Benefits of remote working with VoIP
Migration to VoIP telephony can help to generate a seamless virtual communication infrastructure.
- Remote working optimizes the operational costs of a business. It also provides flexibility to the employees to work from their place of convenience.
- Remote employees can access all the features of the central communication platform and can have high rate of collaboration with colleagues.
- It’s a better way to scale up or down as conditions demand. Employees with some portable work skills can be hired for remote working with the right communication tools in place.
- Direct dial numbers can be used for remote employees as well as central office based staff.
- Companies can hire employees from a deeper talent pool as work location is not a barrier.
- Challenges of handling a global customer base can be avoided as SMBs cannot afford to open customer support branches at every location. Now any business can quickly and affordably grow globally with VoIP telephony combined with unified communication features.
- VoIP technology removes the costs associated with central office and the remote workers.
- Centralized management simplifies the entire communication infrastructure.
The major issue or downside of VoIP technology is concerned with voice quality. Voice traffic should be given more priority for a better quality of service, combined with better compression algorithms can make carrier grade IP based voice communications through the Internet. Remote working is a great way to foster trust between management and employees, and can be a huge benefit for your business communication infrastructure.