SIP trunking, a media streaming service, which makes the business transition towards VoIP environment much easier. Configuring SIP trunking requires expert assistance since it is highly critical for elevating the business communication quality and standard. Using SIP trunking technology in the right way will help you to enhance its benefits and features in the proper way. The cost reduction feature of SIP trunking has made it a popular technology for establishing the business communication.
There are many ways through which a SIP trunk can be configured. Some of the methodologies and the guidelines to be kept in mind while configuring are specified below.
The configuration criteria and methodologies of SIP trunking differs based on the devices used and the nature of the service provider.
- When you decide to replace your PSTN gateways or PRIs with Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Trunking, then choose the best SIP trunking service provider for carrying out this task.
- The inherent pros and cons of deploying SIP trunks should be carefully understood before proceeding with the configuration.
- Migration of TDM to IP for business to business communications helps you in designing a multi-tiered approach to secure the SIP trunks to prevent all possible attacks against your network. Then you have to study how to efficiently configure SIP trunks that benefits your implementation.
- While implementing SIP trunking you should carefully monitor the session management areas including trunk provisioning, bandwidth consumption, call admission control (CAC) and Quality of Service (QoS) issues like jitter and packet loss.
- You must carefully plan and design the architectural and operational steps that you must undertake to successfully plan and implement a SIP trunk configuration.
- Considerable care should be given for keeping the voice quality high.
- Scalability and flexibility of SIP trunking should be maintained when you configure your SIP trunk.
Configuring SIP Trunking for Free-PBX
SIP trunks having high quality and reliability should be used in your business if you have Free-PBX. You need to configure the Free-PBX system settings properly. It is a time consuming job to configure the settings on Free-PBX if you are not comfortable with the server administration type duties. Here are some easier ways to configure the Free-PBX system to make and receive calls via SIP trunk service.
- Initially configure the actual trunk – this helps to set up the SIP connection between your server and border.
- Configure an outbound route – This allows extensions inside your PBX to make an outbound call.
- Configure an inbound route – this allows a desired phone number to route calls to a desired extension inside your PBX.
- Configure NAT settings – This enables your Free-PBX server to use an internal or private IP address on your inside network without loss of service.
After carrying out the configurations of these four pages of the Free-PBX GUI will enable you to make and receive calls to and from extensions that you want to use.
There are many more variables and settings that need careful attention while configuring SIP Trunk for Free-PBX.
Configuration of SIP Trunking should be carried out properly for boosting up the flexibility and reliability of the business communication.